Me, Myself and I

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I'm so lucky!

I consider myself very lucky and fortunate when I read the daily news of the world. I read about starvation, terrorism, poverty, famines, droughts, diseases, floods, earthquakes, calamities, and so much more.

I am lucky that I have hands and feet. There are many people who are handicapped, either from birth or caused by war, landmines, accidents. I'm lucky that with these hands and feet I can do my stuffs easily and conveniently. These people cannot move about freely and are always felt as a burden on their family.

I am lucky that I can see. There are many people who are blind. They cannot see the colors of the world. I am happy that I can see the beautiful flowers that are blooming now, the color of falling leaves during autumn, the sceneries, everything.

I am lucky that I have education. A lot of children are not educated either due to poverty, wars or any other reasons. They are either made to help at home, look for a job or go out and beg.

I am lucky that I was raised up by both my parents. They are many children from broken homes, single parents, or orphans. They never experienced the love from parents.

I am lucky to be healthy. People all over the world are suffering from diseases, killing almost all of them.

I am lucky to have food to eat daily. There are so many people dying of starvation. Children are becoming malnutritioned. I am lucky to have clean water to drink everyday. There are people who could not even have clean water to drink everyday.

I am lucky to have a home. There are many who are homeless. I am lucky to have security and shelter. There are many who live on the roads, vulnerable to attacks, diseases.

I am lucky to have friends and families to spend time with.

I am lucky that I'm still breathing. I wake up everyday and realize I'm still alive.

No matter what goes on in your life, you should be thankful for whatever you have or own. There's still a lot of people out there having a worse time than you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home